Video and Photography - GARY SUNDERMEYER
320-240-9574h / 952-994-4154c
Here is Gary Sundermeyer's resume: Stirling Sound
Videography / Motion Graphics / Commercial Photography / Photo Retouching
OMS Onsite Photography, St. Cloud, Minnesota
2006 - 2012
Videographer & Photographer— Co-produced Creative Memories’ product videos for web and DVD use. Participated with scripting, storyboarding, shooting, and specialized in video editing and motion graphics. Proficient with Final cut Pro 7, Apple Motion 4, Sound Pro 3, Compressor 3.5, DVD Studio Pro 4, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, and Photoshop CS5, CS6 extended. Produced animated shorts for OMS Onsite. Worked directly with illustrator and was responsible for motion graphics process. Also provided CM with digital photography, Photoshop retouching, color correcting, outlines, and color proofing services, for their scrapbook publications and web needs. (YouTube Portfolio)
Capstone Press, Mankato, Minnesota
2000 - 2004
Photographer I—Established Capstone Press’ digital photography studio, managing the studio budget, purchasing photo equipment and supplies, and supervising an intern and one stylist. Main responsibilities included working closely with editors and designers to conceive studio and location photo shoots for photographing people, fictionalized scenes, and objects
for nonfiction children’s books.
Awards • 2005 Learning Magazine's Teachers' Choice Award - Pebble Plus Visit To series.
• 2004 Learning Magazine's Teachers' Choice Award - A+ Books Colors series.
• 2003 Association of Educational Publishers Distinguished Achievement Award - A+ Books Colors series.
Fingerhut Companies Inc., Plymouth, Minnesota
2000 - Earlier
Senior Photographer— Tabletop, roomset, and location experience with jewelry, models and lighting expertise. Established Fingerhut’s Jewelry Department and was their Senior Jewelry Photographer through July 2000. Responsible for creating jewelry setup and photography procedures while overseeing department production, working directly with Jewelry Team, Freelance Photographers, Art Directors, Sample Room, Buyers, and Graphic Services Department. In 2000, the Jewelry Department produced nearly 26% of the entire studio workload during peak production times.
Freelance Videography & Photography Experience:
OMS Onsite Photography, St. Cloud, Minnesota
2012 Adjuvant, Call Scheduler - motion graphics animation
QuarterTon Productions, St. Cloud, Minnesota
2012 ATS International - video slide show edit
GEM Photo Studio, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
2004 - 2008 Fingerhut GMC, Big Book, and River’s End apparel catalogs
Creative Publishing Inernational, Chanhassen, Minnesota
2006 Home Improvement Books
Best Buy Corporation, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
2004 - 2005 Insert, Content, and e-com for the web
Midwest, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2004 - 2005 Seasons of Cannon Falls catalogs
Banta Digital Group, Chanhassen, Minnesota
2004 - 2005 Department 56, Modern Office, Saunders Group, Victoria’s Secret, Jessica’s Wedding catalogs
Photography & Videography Skills
• Generalist with tabletop, roomset, location, models, and jewelry expertise.
• Digital Camera: Leaf, Hasselblad, Canon 1DS, 5D Mark II & Mark III, and capture software support.
• Video Camera: Canon 5D Mark II & Mark III, Canon XL202IM-EN, and capture software support.
• Lighting: Speedotron, Dynalite, Lumedyne, White Lighting, Travellites, Mole-Richardson, and a variety of compact fluorescent lighting for video.
• Adobe CS5 Design Standard, Photoshop CS6, Camera Raw 7.1, Lightroom 3.6, Capture One PRO, Final cut Pro 7, Apple Motion 4,
Sound Pro 3, Compressor 3.5, DVD Studio Pro 4, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, After Effects CS 6, Flash, Ultimatte AdvantEdge green screen plug-in, FX Home Photo Key 5, Microsoft Office 2008, Outlook, Word, Excel, Extensis Portfolio 8.5, more…
• Good working knowledge of color profiles for digital cameras, monitors and large scale printers. Familiar with Datacolor Spyder 4 and Pantone Eye-One equipment and software.
• Mac and PC Computer diagnosis and repair, Epson large scale printer calibration and maintenance, Canon camera firmware updates, computer hardware upgrades, monitor calibration, software installs and updates, local network support, daily server backups, asset management and archiving, staff training. Operating systems: OS 10 Snow Leopard, Lion, XP, 7.
• Photo Expo East – New York, NY October 2003. Revisited location lighting techniques and photography team workflow
• Food on Film – Minneapolis, MN May 2003. Introduced creative team to food preparation techniques for the camera.
• Print 01 – Chicago, IL September 2001. Studied digital photography workflow and compared color calibration equipment and related software support.
• Photo Expo West – Los Angeles, CA June 2001. Researched latest digital camera equipment and capture software support.
• R.R Donnelley & Sons Company Print University – Lynchburg, VA. Studied offset and web printing techniques.
Other Skills & Interests:
• Life’s Abundance Field Representative – A home based network marketing business where I promote and sell high quality "recall free" pet products, formulated by a HOLISTIC, Nutritional Vet, Dr. Jane Bicks, to Vets, breeders, groomers, kennels, trainers, rescues, and pet owners. Three years in business. Visit www.allmyhealthypets.com for more information.
• Collie Breeder – I work with a local Collie breeder to stud out our 2 AKC Collie males on a regular basis.
• Autobody – Four years working in my father’s shop doing collision repair including straightening, welding, grinding, sanding, priming, painting and buffing. Specialized in automotive finishes; great eye for color matching. Cars have always been a hobby in our family.
Southwest Minnesota State University, Marshall, Minnesota
Bachelor of Arts (Double Major)—Received an Art major with a concentration in photography and a Speech Communications major in Radio and Television Production.
Owner / Photographer
636 Chase Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45223
Photographer / Videographer
The Family Handyman Magazine
2915 Commers Drive, Suite 700
Eagan, MN 55121
Prudential Pladson Realty Inc.
2680 West St. Germain Street
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
Available upon request.